Tuesday 13 September 2011

DragonsDream Tag It On - Red Red Red

Hi, over at dragons dream tag blog the theme is red red red.  At last I'm back to doing challenges and I have wanted to do these tags challenges for awhile, so after entering the TH bird swap over at Frankie's I decided to enter her tag challenge (ok the above is repetitive and bad English I must me tired lol).  So here's mine
I really am trying to practise my inking techniques as their virtually non existent but I have to admit I'm impressed with what I have done, the problem is when to stop lol. I use a tag I already had so I'm not sure if I had precut it with TH tag die, I don't think so as even though its the same size it was chipboard with a nice white finish.  I used barn door distress ink and covered the whole tag.  I used a TH blank mask and cut out the heart wings, I then used the masks using the inside and outside on different parts of the tag using fired brick inkpad.  I spritz and flicked with water and used kitchen towel to dab water off to give some texture.  I stamped the creative expressions textures stamp words over in archival vermillon and then the cracked stamp with black in random spaces.  I used at the bottom dylusions around the page stamp but you couldn't really make it out with the cracked stamp effect so it ruined it slightly but I carried on, after deciding it wasn't bin fodder just yet!!!  Using the archival inkpads in black and vermillon I stamped the creative expressions vintage heart dotty little heart randomly over the tag, at that point I decided to stop, even though I was really enjoying doing the background I knew anymore would be a mess.  I die cut the TH heart wings, and on the heart used burgundy stickles (alot of), the wings I covered in black ink, then painted a bit of the same stickles over it, tried it quickly then put ranger crackle accents on them at that point I realised that I had to leave them overnight.  I cut black glitter card with TH Elegant Flourishes die cut, and also painted with the same stickles used above. I put dots of cosmic shimmer pearl white and pearl black on my mat so they could dry also.  Now I have never used the crackle accents before and this morning was a bit disappointed as it hadn't really cracked much so I picked a wing up, bent it and slapped it around abit, then thought later on I would get the craft hammer to it, so this evening when I was about to finish my tag one of the wings had cracked perfectly and the other where I had not been so kind to it earlier on in the day most of the crackle was falling off, mmmmm guess I will learn to wait next time lol.  I used viva inka gold in silver ( I so love this and love using my fingers to pop it on) all around the edges of the wings and heart and also cover the cracks with it before wiping it off again so it was in between the cracks.  I used watermellon alcohol inks on the white pearl glue dots, stamped love from creative expressions fancy flourish and the word hurt from paperartsy words 4.  Then stuck on a premade flower after swiping black ink over it.  Before I added all the bits I edged the tag with black distress ink and viva inka gold silver.
Wow job done, when I visit blogs I see crafters explaining what they have done and I enjoy that as I get to learn and see new products, but I really think I need to try and shorten mine in the future LOL LOL.
Thanks for sharing
Kezzy xxx

No comments: