Friday 21 October 2011

Less is more - Cocktail

Hi, over at Less is more this week the challenge is cocktail, now I wasn't sure if you had to use stamps for these challenges but I believe you don't, but as it is I'm really trying to learn stamping and colouring as I am quite a beginner.  I looked everywhere in my hundreds of stamps and I hadn't got one, so I had the idea of searching for cocktail names, now obviously I kept away from 'sex on the beach' and 'orgasm' lol.  I did find ROSE which uses (just in case you want to try it) 45mls dry vermouth, 15mls kirsh and 10mls cherry brandy, mix all and add to a chilled glass, garnish and serve, this is a IBA (international bartenders associate official cocktails) specified drink, I didn't even know that there was an official cocktail list.  So my card .......
I'm not happy with it as I used water colouring pencils and then brush markers but the leaves didn't go right so bin fodder it is, but the best thing about challenges, is you learn as you go along so if some need to go into the bin it doesn't matter as it's a practise session.  I would have done it again but as you can see I'm quite late so need to hurry up and add to the challenge lol.  Thanks for sharing.  Kezzy xxx

Recipe
Waterpaper cardstock
Stamps - Autumn Leaves - word flourishes (sentiment), Elusive Images - harlequin rose (rose and border)
Colouring Mediums - Derwent water pencils and Whispers brush markers
Ink pads - Versafine onyx blank and Archival jet black

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

I hadn't heard of this cocktail, but I think that quite a few people have learned a thing or two about cocktail ingredients!
Super card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Bridget Larsen said...

aww you threw this away??? Its better than my attempt at colouring. I am so bad at colouring. you will see with my next blog entry how bad I am lol

Angie said...

You may not be happy with your card but I would be delighted if it were mine...its beautiful. xx