Sunday 8 January 2012

Gingersnap Creations - Wax

Hi, I have spent all day working on budgets and invoicing which are due into work tomorrow, in between working I made a hanging piece that I had started last night for the Gingersnap Creations challenge of wax, it was quite nice having art breaks to help me through the work I had to do.  It is the first time I have ever made a collage, and to be honest I'm not sure you can actually tell it was a collage, but I thoroughly enjoyed making it.  Under all the paint, texture paste, stamping and wax I stuck on patterned papers and quotes from a magazine and dictionary quotes. And I so enjoyed melting all the wax crayons around the side with micro beads to give texture and before I did that I shaved wax bits all over to give a great spotty appearance, having not done this before it really was a breathe deep moment when I was putting the heat gun on the wax, as it could have been a mess lol.  I'm really loving being part of Gingersnap creations as it really is helping me explore different mediums that I shyed away from.  So here is my hanging (took a close pic so you can't really see the white and pink wire that attaches to it for it to hang)...

Hope your having a nice crafty weekend. Thank you for looking.  Kezzy xxx

Recipe
Texture paste - Daler-Rowney
Embossing powders - Cosmic Shimmer (autumn lustre and pink), White
Paint - Paper Artsy (fresco vintage lace), Royal Langnickel (pink to colour the texture paste) and Decoart ( pearlizing medium to make the paste pearlescent), Stampman (moonglow starburst ramblin' rose pink)
Sprays - Dylusions (lime and hotpink)
Glues - Modpodge and Gorilla super glue
Ink pads - Adirondack (shell pink), Archival (jet black), Stampin Up (melon mambo)
Stamps - Creative Expressions (vintage artist), Studio 490 (I am my art)
Inka Gold - pearlescent
Woodware Micro Beads
Patterned paper - Crafty Individuals (book 1), Basic Grey (out of print)
Cricut - George Basics
Old dictionary and cut up magazine (take ten)
Crayola wax crayons

5 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What a fun project ... art always gives my mind a break from detail brain work ... so glad you joined us at Gingersnap Creations.

trisha too said...

Congratulations on your piece being chosen as a Ginger Gem in the Spicy Supply (wax) Challenge, Kezzy!!

:)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful piece!

MaryAnn Potter said...

Congratulations on your being chosen as a Ginger Gem. This is such a beautiful piece. And how nice that you included a list of materials, too!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Love it!