Saturday 16 February 2013

Paperartsy Inspiration

Hi all, I had loads of fun today just playing and learning about Paperartsy's waxed kraft paper. Helen did everything you can imagine with it lol, but there was just one more technique I wanted to try and that was with UTEE which looks brilliant.  I'm slightly disappointed as I also have almost finished another card thinking that the Paperartsy Inspiration Challenge was finishing tomorrow lunch but it's already finished so I'm not sure if it's a mistake or they did it early as they have been showing all new products, seriously you really want to go look, all the goodies and new designers are out of this world :-)

I embossed some kraft wax paper and glued it to 
both corners, then I blended four colours of Fresco paint
(on of them was mixed lol). Lots and lots of 
layers of paint, some credit card swipping
and bottle top stamping on the other corners.
 I then did some stamping,
the written text floating is because I started
stamping the middle and realised I was going to put
something in the centre lol

I used Paperartsy Stamp sets Ding & Dong SIDD2 and Clocks 1
and then more wax paper embossed and painted.  The clock
was stamped on Paperarsty smooth paper with versafine,
then different colours of Porfolio oil pastels blended on top,
actually first I did the colour, then I stamped, then I did
more colour to calm the black down lol

I stamped the centre clock with archival jet black, I had heated the 
paper before hand to take the wax off. After stamping I ripped around
the edges and then scrunched it into a ball, this stuff is really really
tough, it certainly takes some hammering, then I used inka gold over
the crinkles then I used UTEE three times.

Right I shall be off, might pop the link on to a comment just in case the linky expired early.  I just want to finish my other one which is a funky bird!!!!  The recipe of products used are below and can be all bought from the Paperartsy Shop.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kezzy xxx

Recipe
Fresco paint - beach hut, mermaid, little black dress mixed to get a dull blue, then I also used vintage lace, baltic blue, mocha mousse
Paperartsy stamps - Ding & Dong SIDD2, Clocks 1
Portfolio oil pastels - cerulean, grey, late grey, black, blue
Tim Holtz texture fades pocket watch
Perfect pearls mixed with Fresco satin glaze
Inka gold - pearl

2 comments:

Trudie said...

Kezzy, this is beautiful..... I so want to come and play in your craftroom!!! xx

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic... I love the embossed sections painted in to blend into the rest of the canvas - will definitely be giving that a go! Gorgeous paint colours - all just lovely... Thanks for all your lovely comments - that was some dedicated catching up!
Alison xx