Tuesday 11 June 2013

Distress Paint USA Style

Hi all, I seriously need to think of better headings lol.  This next fortnight over at That Craft Place Challenge Blog the new challenge is Independence Day so lots of Red, White and Blue.  I really wanted to have a play with my distress paints which I haven't used yet and I had so much fun lol.  I just put a canvas in front of me, distress paints and dylusion sprays in red, white and blue and played, at first it started with a background but in the end I just loved it too much to cover up :-), everything I used is at the bottom of the page :-).




 Shading around the blue square in the top left corner was shaded with a cold grey faber castell PITT.

The picture above you can see where I stuck micro beads for texture.  The stars are a mask with treasure gold.  Right I shall be off, hope you have a lovely crafty evening :-) hugs Kezzy xxx p.s huge welcome and big wave to all my new followers :-)

Recipe
Distress Paint - picket fence, salty ocean, fired brick
Dylusion Sprays - london blue, postbox red, white linen
Distress inkpads - vintage photo
Distress stain - picket fence
Perfect pearl mist - pearl
Tim Holtz tissue tape
Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz stamps - ultimate grunge and french market place
Paperartsy grunge paste
Crafters Workshop mask - Balzer Designs mini punchinella
Creative Expressions - micro beads
Treasure gold - renaissance
Versamark - dazzle
Archival Jet black inkpad
Inka gold - pearl
Faber Castell PITT cold grey pen
UTEE clear
Daler Rowney - black paint for splashes

2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous grungy flag canvas - looks like you had so much fun making it!
Alison x

Julie Lee said...

This is really effective and brilliant for the theme of Independence Day. I am very impressed with the micro beads - something else to put on my wish list! Love the colours and the layout too. xxx Julie Ann