Sunday 16 June 2013

Paperartsy - Grunge Paste mixed with Fresco Crackle = Awesome

Hi all, yep late as always lol, this is because I have had a fun week of playing, seeing what works with what lol.  Over at the Paperartsy Blog this weeks designer is France Papillon and she has made some amazing projects using grunge paste and crackle.  Now the week before I had already done some bricks as embellishments (Here) and I really wanted to explore more and wow I have had so much fun.  I have made my own masks, been over stamping, using crackle on grunge and so on.  So here goes (recipe of what I have used is at the bottom), I worked in my small journal this week which was inspired by the project journal with crackle paint background (you must go have a look is awesome).

I decided to make my own mask of the tree and the bird house
(picture of masks below), I stamped on acetate, then cut out with a knife.
I mixed grunge paste and fresco mud splat and layered it over the mask on craft mat.
After it was dry I restamped the tree over the grunge paste, I was so impressed
by my embellishment I had another go with the bird house.  Now this
time I decided to do a thicker layer (grunge paste mixed with fresco squid)
which took overnight to dry, then I added crackle paint over the top
and when dry added fresco stone.  Now I meant to sand back before
over stamping but I got too eager lol and ended up forgetting. 
On the right I used the mask on the page with just mud splat and overstamped,
it's not perfect but I love the effect.

For the sun I wanted texture so I pounced my brush 
with haystack, then pumpkin soup and smoked paprika.
I also wanted to see if my polychromos would colour over
the top and they did perfectly. 

My birds were stamped on Paperartsy stamping paper and coloured
with my polychromos pencils, the stamping paper was great
for blending the pencils.  This is the first time I have used
them in my stamping.  I initially bought them for parchment craft
years ago and never used them as I found stamping lol.

Closer look at the grunge paste tree embellishment.
Also a close up of the bird house with (me!!) so needing
to sort out the house and sort out the art lol

Close up of the bird house and crackle on top

The masks which I will keep with the stamps I used :-)

Right I better be off and link my entry lol, hope you have a lovely Sunday.
Happy Crafting :-)
Kezzy xxx

Recipe
Stamps - Paperartsy - JOFY 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, Paperartsy words 4, Eclectica 3 ELB01
Paperartsy Fresco Paints - stone, smoked paprika, pumpkin soup, haystack, squid, ice blue, brown shed, mud splat.
Paperartsy Fresco Crackle and Grunge Paste
Crafters Workshop mask - mini harlequin and Tando sequin waste
Acetate
Archival jet black and Stazon jet black inkpads
Treasure Gold - rose quartz
Paperartsy - stamping paper
Pens - Faber Castell (cold grey pitt pen), Sharpie (white paint pen), Promarker (black)
Colouring - Faber Castell polychromas - oranges and yellows - 9201 - 109, 108, 106, 113, 121, 115, 111, 117, 118, Blues - 145, 152, 149, 154, Greens - 161, 158, 162, 267, 163.


9 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Very creative ! Love your tree and birdhouse, great idea to combine the stencil with the stamp.

rachel said...

This looks amazing kerry. Wonderful colours and textures. Love that sun x

Julie Lee said...

Oh, this is amazing! I'm so pleased you've had fun! It looks like that mojo floated back! Love the embellishments you made and all the techniques you've been trying. Julie Ann xxx

Lin said...

Great page Kezzy..a lovely happy page..I made my own stencil for this one too!!

Sarah B said...

what a fun page - really made me smile, especially the bird in the bird-box xx

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, your grungepaste embellishments worked out brilliantly, Kezzy - fantastic pages!
Alison x
(Love these new JOFYs... very tempting...)

Unknown said...

O M G wow... I totally love this xxx

Heidi said...

After the fab comment you left me I thought I'd hop on over and take a peek. I adore this journal page, it's so happy and there's lots to look at. Your idea about making your own stencil then over stamping is genius. Look forward to more of your fab art. Heidi :-)

ionabunny said...

Fantastic, bright and fun. Love Art stuck in the bird house. Hope he makes it out one day....