Sunday 5 January 2014

Paperartsy Inspiration Video Challenge!!!

Hi all, sorry I have been awol, I'm afraid I still have that nasty cold, which now has got worse, I have had it since 10th December, it was really bad around the 16th then calmed down, then came back really bad last Thursday.  Think I might end up at Docs, but I think it's just a cold so there is no point.
So a huge Happy New Year, I have been crafting for pleasure over the last week, this year I am determined to make sure I have me time, also I always leave things to the last minute which usually means I'm not happy with what I wake, well from now on I am taking the time to explore different colours, using stamps that haven't been used and also enjoying the process.  I have three projects to show you today, all for the Paperartsy Blog  challenge, Leandra has been doing some videos, go check them out they are fab, and we get to join in.  The first project is based on her texture video looking at grunge paste and what you can do with just grunge paste mixed with Fresco paints.  Now I love the finished project I made, but as you will see, it was my third attempt lol.


All details of the products I used at the bottom of the page :-)

I used stamps, end of a paint brush, making peaks and 
the circles are sequin waste :-)

The alphabet was dry brushed with different paints and
treasure gold.

I used a pencil chalk for the outlines.



First failed attempt, I couldn't get the texture right.


Then I tried shabby chic which was a mega failure lol


Right I shall be off, will be back in an hour with my next one as I have my mate just popped in :-)
Lots of hugs
Kezzy
xxxxx

Recipe
Paperartsy Grunge Paste
Paperartsy Fresco Paints - little black dress, mermaid, beach hut, bora bora, snowflake, south pacific, pearl glaze.
Paperartsy stamps - mini 44, LPC014
Treasure Gold - sapphire, white fire
Tim Holtz alpha parts
Wooden door hanger
Creative Expressions Gilding Wax - midnight
Cretacolour - black chalk pencils

3 comments:

rachel said...

brilliant Kerry - looks fabulous to me - looking forward to seeing what else you've been making - sorry to hear about the cold - doesn't sound like much fun! Hugs Rachel x

Craftyfield said...

Well done for keeping on trying! The end project is most definitely worth it. Commiseration for the cold, we are all suffering with it in my house but it's getting better!

Words and Pictures said...

Third time really is the charm - love what you eventually got to (though I do like the shabby version - I feel it has somewhere still to go!)... Gorgeous colours and the slight shiny sheen is fab.
Alison xx